Call for Entries All Media Show 2/2021
Flood Awareness All Media Show Call for Entries
The juried shows are a focal point of all Art Works’ openings. The theme for this month is Flood Awareness.
Flood Awareness Week in Virginia is March 14-20, 2021. The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) sponsors this exhibit to bring education and preparedness for floods to the community. Call for entries is January 25, 2021 – February 17, 2021. Submit your entries through our online form (see button below.)
See a list of accepted entries: Flood Awareness 2021 Exhibit
About the exhibit:
- Any artists from anywhere may enter this art exhibit.
- Each artist may enter up to 3 pieces of their artwork and upload images for us to review.
- The theme is floods, high-water and flood damage.
- Any medium will be considered.
- This exhibit will be juried by an art professional.
Entry Fees and Commissions:
- The fee for each entry is $7 for Art Works Gallery members and Art Works studio artist, $10 for non-members.
- If you would like to join the gallery, the cost is $36. Then your entries are $7 each. Learn more about being a gallery member.
- There will be cash prizes.
- We will take a 35% commission on any sales of artwork that is on display in the gallery.
- Artwork must be framed with the exception of photography on metal or foam-core. However, these formats need to have a mechanism on the back so that the photograph can be hung. We recommend simple black frames.
- Artwork on canvas does not have to be framed however, the sides need to be finished–no staples showing.
- Artwork must be wired to hang. Wires must not show above the artwork when hung.
- Submit 2 images for review, one of the artwork, and one in the frame (if framed). Please submit a good quality image of the artwork. Size limitation is 1 MB.
- If your artwork framing includes a mat, the mat must be clean.
- The back of the artwork must be neat. Do not use masking tape or duct tape on the back of the frame.
- We will post a list of all accepted entries on our website (see dates below)
- Any accepted entries can be delivered to the gallery (see dates below). Due to the Coronavirus, we are managing the number of people in the gallery at any given time and ask that you select a date and time that you will deliver your artwork. We will provide you with a link to a site to select a day/time slot.
- Artwork that is accepted and delivered to the gallery will hang in the gallery until the end of the exhibit. See the date below. Any unsold artwork must be picked up by the artist (see dates below).
Out of Town Accepted Entries
- If you do not live in the Richmond area and are unable to deliver your artwork to the gallery, your work will be displayed on the website but will not be for sale as we will not be in possession of the artwork.
The Reception, Videos, and Promotions
- We will host a reception on February 26, 2021, from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Due to the Coronavirus and restrictions on gatherings, attendance will be limited. Guests must preregister. We will provide a method to register on the home page of our website.
- We will produce a short video of the award-winning entries.
- We will advertise the exhibit through social media to drive traffic to our website and the exhibit page.
- February 17, 2021 noon – Submission deadline. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your artwork.
- February 18, 2021 – We will notify you of all accepted entries by posting a list on our website and we will send you an email with the link.
- February 19, 20, 21 – Drop-off your accepted artwork at the gallery
- February 26, 2021, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Opening reception at Art Works Gallery
- March 19, 2021 – Show ends
- March 19, 20 – Pick up any unsold artwork.
A few final things
- Artists can expect a check for any items we sell on the 15th of the month after the date of the sale. (e.g. For an item sold on February 1st, we will send you a check on March 15, 2021.)
- The artist by submitting their artwork gives permission to us to display the artwork on our website, Facebook, and other social media and will allow the use of your artwork for promotional purposes for the exhibit.
- Artwork left in the gallery for 90 days, will be donated to a nonprofit organization for their fundraisers.
- Art Works, Inc. takes every precaution to protect and secure the items submitted. Art Works, Inc. does not insure the items against loss, damage, or theft. By submitting your artwork and having it on display in the gallery, you agree to hold Art Works, Inc. harmless and to indemnify Art Works, Inc. against all claims resulting from losses.
More questions? Click here for more information.
Note: Photograph above is by Leo Meire, award winner in 2020 Flood Awareness Exhibit.
When dropping off or picking up your artwork, you can park in the loading-zone in front of Art Works building at Hull and 4th Street. Put your emergency flashers on and please quickly unload your artwork, so that other artists may use the loading area.
Other parking is located at Stockton Street (see map below). Look for Art Works Reserved signs in the lot. GPS Address is 500 Stockton Street, Richmond, VA 23224.