Call for Entries June 2023
All Media Show
Call for Entries
The All Media Show is a focal point of Art Works monthly exhibits. You can submit all types of artwork, any medium and any subject matter, and this is open to all artists. This is a juried show.
The exhibit will be in the Skylight gallery at Art Works.
Submit your entries through our online form, see button below.
About the exhibit:
You may submit up to 3 entries. Please see the deadline for submissions below. Since we are on a tight schedule to review the submissions and notify everyone, we are unable to accept entries after the deadline. We cannot accept artwork dropped off at the gallery for review.
By submitting this form, you agree to allow Art Works to display, on our website, the artwork that you submit. And you agree to allow us to use your artwork for promotional purposes for the exhibit, on social media, and other platforms as needed.
For detailed requirements for submitting artwork, please refer to Requirements. All of your questions will be answered.
About the Juror:
John C. Wagoner is a former Associate Professor of Art at Bossier Parish Community College in Bossier City, LA. He received his Master of Fine Arts in Painting from Kendall College of Art and Design in Grand Rapids, MI and his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Cornell College in Mt. Vernon, IA. Wagoner currently resides in Williamsburg, VA.
He has over twelve years of teaching experience at the college level. He was selected and awarded as a 40 Under 40 Honoree by the Young Professionals Initiative in 2015. He was also awarded the “Excellence Award in Teaching” from the National Institute of Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) in 2014. Before teaching, Wagoner was a professional mount maker at Sanders Museum Services for four years. He has installed various artifacts and artworks in museums nationwide.
Wagoner creates three-dimensional paintings or sometimes referred to as “paint sculptures.” He provides a commentary on the idea of painting not yet being dead and that this medium still has some tricks up its sleeve. Overall, when asked about his artwork and what it means, he asks, “What defines a painting?” Take a closer look and you’ll see that the object is entirely made out of acrylic paint. “
Here is a link to the juror’s website: click here.
Call for Entries 5/16/2023 – 6/12/2023
Deadline for submissions in 6/12/2023 at noon.
Drop off artwork at gallery – 6/16, 6/17, 6/18
Exhibit Opens- 6/23/2023 6 pm – 8 pm
Exhibit Ends – 7/22/2023
If you are unable to drop off your artwork on the prescribed dates, we cannot accept the work earlier or later. If you live out of town, artwork shipped will not reach us in time. We will display accepted out-of-town work on the website only.
You may submit up to 3 entries in either or both shows. Since we are on a tight schedule to review the submissions and notify everyone, we are unable to accept entries after the deadline. We cannot accept artwork dropped off at the gallery for review.
Entry fees are $10 per entry. (Gallery Members and Art Works Studio Artists are $7 per entry. Click here to see if you are a gallery member.)
Entry Fees and Commissions:
- The fee for each entry is $7 for Art Works Gallery members and Art Works studio artists, $10 for non-members.
- September marks the month when gallery memberships renew. If you were a member in 2020-2021, then you will need to renew your membership. Here is a link to renew: Join Gallery
- If you would like to join the gallery, the cost is $36. Then your entries are $7 each. Learn more about being a gallery member.
- We will take a 35% commission on any sales of artwork that is on display in the gallery.
- Artwork must be framed if on paper. We strongly recommend simple black frames. Photography must be framed unless printed on metal or foam-core however we need a means to hang the piece on the wall, so please make sure there is an adequate mechanism in place.
- Artwork must be wired to hang. Wires must not show above the artwork when hung.
- Submit 2 images for review, one of the artwork, and one in the frame (if framed). Please submit a good quality image of the artwork. Size limitation is 1 MB. If you need to compress your image there are many free tools on the internet to make images smaller. Tinypng – https://tinypng.com/ is one.
- If your artwork framing includes a mat, the mat must be clean. White mats are preferred.
- The back of the artwork must be neat. Do not use masking tape or duct tape on the back of the frame.
- We will post a list of all accepted entries on our website (see dates listed above). We also send an email to you. Check your SPAM if you don’t see it.
- Any accepted entries can be delivered to the gallery (see dates above). If you can not deliver the artwork on the dates required, please do not submit your artwork.
- Artwork that is accepted and delivered to the gallery will hang in the gallery until the end of the exhibit. See the date above. Any unsold artwork must be picked up by the artist (see dates above).
Out of Town Accepted Entries
- If you do not live in the Richmond area and are unable to deliver your artwork to the gallery, your work will be displayed on the website but will not be for sale as we will not be in possession of the artwork.
The Reception, Videos, and Promotions
- We will host a reception on May 26, 2023 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- We will produce a short video of the award-winning entries.
- We will advertise the exhibit through social media to drive traffic to our website and the exhibit page
A few final things
- Artists can expect a check for any items we sell on the 15th of the month after the date of the sale. (e.g. For an item sold in January, we will prepare a check for you on February 15th.)
- Artwork left in the gallery for 90 days, will be donated to a nonprofit organization for their fundraisers.
- Art Works, Inc. takes every precaution to protect and secure the items submitted. Art Works, Inc. does not insure the items against loss, damage, or theft. By submitting your artwork and having it on display in the gallery, you agree to hold Art Works, Inc. harmless and to indemnify Art Works, Inc. against all claims resulting from losses.
More questions? Click here for more information. Thank you for sharing your artwork and participating in this Call for Entries. If you have any questions, please call or email us. Contact Us: Click Here
When dropping off or picking up your artwork, you can park in the loading-zone in front of Art Works building at Hull and 4th Street. Put your emergency flashers on and please quickly unload your artwork, so that other artists may use the loading area.