This exhibit is a focal point of all Art Works’ openings. It is a juried show with cash prizes and is open to all artists. This exhibit is photography only. There is no theme subject matter but the medium must be photography. Only photography will be considered and includes: traditional, digital, manipulated and photographic mixed-media.
This exhibit will be juried by Anthony Rumley.
Call for entries is December 7, 2021 through January 18,2022 (at midnight).
Artists will be notified by January 20, 2022 of accepted or declined entries. You may submit up to 3 entries. The deadline for submissions is January 18th at midnight. Since we are on a tight schedule to review the submissions and notify everyone, we are unable to accept entries after the deadline. We cannot accept artwork dropped off at the gallery for review.
About the exhibit:
- Any artists from anywhere may enter this art exhibit.
- Each artist may enter up to 3 pieces of their artwork and upload images for us to review.
- Submit only photography. Mixed media using photography is allowed.
- The juror is Anthony Rumley. Anthony Rumley is a professional photographer. Rumley currently serves on all levels of the Professional Photographers of America. Over the years he has earned the following photographic degrees through these associations: Fellow of Photography, Certified Professional Photographer, Photographic Craftsman, Master Photographer.
Entry Fees and Commissions:
- The fee for each entry is $7 for Art Works Gallery members and Art Works studio artists, $10 for non-members.
- September marks the month when gallery memberships renew. If you were a member in 2020-2021, then you will need to renew your membership. Here is a link to renew: Join Gallery
- If you would like to join the gallery, the cost is $36. Then your entries are $7 each. Learn more about being a gallery member.
- We will take a 35% commission on any sales of artwork that is on display in the gallery.
- Artwork must be framed if on paper. We recommend simple black frames. Photography must be framed unless printed on metal or foam-core however we need a means to hang the piece on the wall, so please make sure there is an adequate mechanism in place.
- Artwork must be wired to hang. Wires must not show above the artwork when hung.
- Submit 2 images for review, one of the artwork, and one in the frame (if framed). Please submit a good quality image of the artwork. Size limitation is 1 MB. If you need to compress your image there are many free tools on the internet to make images smaller. Tinypng ( https://tinypng.com/) is one.
- If your artwork framing includes a mat, the mat must be clean. White mats are preferred.
- The back of the artwork must be neat. Do not use masking tape or duct tape on the back of the frame.
- We will post a list of all accepted entries on our website (see dates below). We also send an email to you. Check your SPAM if you don’t see it.
- Any accepted entries can be delivered to the gallery (see dates below). If you an not deliver the artwork on the dates required, please do not submit your artwork.
- Artwork that is accepted and delivered to the gallery will hang in the gallery until the end of the exhibit. See the date below. Any unsold artwork must be picked up by the artist (see dates below).
Out of Town Accepted Entries
- If you do not live in the Richmond area and are unable to deliver your artwork to the gallery, your work will be displayed on the website but will not be for sale as we will not be in possession of the artwork.
The Reception, Videos, and Promotions
- We will host a reception on January 28 ,2022 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- We will produce a short video of the award-winning entries.
- We will advertise the exhibit through social media to drive traffic to our website and the exhibit page.
- January 18th midnight – Submission deadline. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your artwork. The form will not be available at midnight on 1/18/2022.
- January 20th – We will notify you of all accepted entries by posting a list on our website and we will send you an email with the link.
- January 21, 22, 23 – Drop-off your accepted artwork at the gallery
- January 28th 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Opening reception at Art Works Gallery
- February 18, 2022– Show ends
- February 18, 2022 – Pick up any unsold artwork.
A few final things
- Artists can expect a check for any items we sell on the 15th of the month after the date of the sale. (e.g. For an item sold on August 1st we will send you a check on September 15th .)
- The artist by submitting their artwork gives permission to us to display the artwork on our website, Facebook, and other social media and will allow the use of your artwork for promotional purposes for the exhibit.
- Artwork left in the gallery for 90 days, will be donated to a nonprofit organization for their fundraisers.
- Art Works, Inc. takes every precaution to protect and secure the items submitted. Art Works, Inc. does not insure the items against loss, damage, or theft. By submitting your artwork and having it on display in the gallery, you agree to hold Art Works, Inc. harmless and to indemnify Art Works, Inc. against all claims resulting from losses.
More questions? Click here for more information.
When dropping off or picking up your artwork, you can park in the loading-zone in front of Art Works building at Hull and 4th Street. Put your emergency flashers on and please quickly unload your artwork, so that other artists may use the loading area.