Call for Entries – Mother May I? A Digital Exhibit
It’s May, spring is in full bloom, and in the U. S., one of the most celebrated holidays is Mother’s Day. We thought you could use a happy distraction from the Coronavirus sickness, restrictions, and depression. What better way than making art. We hope you enjoy this month’s theme: Mother May I?
About the exhibit:
- Any artists from anywhere may enter this online art exhibit. Each artist may enter up to 3 pieces of their original artwork.
- The theme focuses on mothers. Think about:
- the makings of a good mother,
- things I love about my mother,
- motherly advice,
- favorite mother’s quotes,
- how mothers set an example,
- mother figures in your life,
- and even ways in which “I am becoming my mother”.
- All mediums are permitted including but not limited to: photography, sculpture, mixed media, painting, drawing, ceramics, digital art, jewelry.
- This exhibit will be juried by Art Works and the criteria for including artwork in the exhibit will be:
- Is the artwork technically well done?
- Does the artwork convey the theme without an explanation?
- Does the artwork invoke viewer participation or emotion?
- You may submit up to 3 entries.*
- The deadline for submissions is May 15, 2020, at 7 p.m., EDT.
- There will be cash prizes which will be announced when the exhibit opens on May 22, 2020.
- Art Works will produce a video of the exhibit and an online catalog of all accepted entries. Check our website on May 22nd and our Facebook page for these publications.
- There is no fee to enter your artwork. However, if you would like to make a donation to assist us in producing this exhibit, we will give you that opportunity. Donations are entirely optional.
- Sale inquiries will be passed along to the artist to contact the potential buyer.
- Art Works takes no commission.
- The artist by submitting their artwork gives permission for us to display the artwork on our website, Facebook, and other social media and will allow the use of your artwork for promotional purposes for the exhibit.