This exhibit is a focal point of all Art Works’ openings. It is a juried show with cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The show is open to all artists and all mediums. There is a theme this month: Photography. The submission can be photography of any kind (digital, film and mixed media as long at the main component is photography).
The exhibit will be in the Jane Sandelin Gallery (main gallery) and the Port Gallery (also in the main area). There are prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Submit your entries through our online form, see button below.
About the exhibit:
You may submit up to 3 entries. Please see the deadline for submissions below. Since we are on a tight schedule to review the submissions and notify everyone, we are unable to accept entries after the deadline. We cannot accept artwork dropped off at the gallery for review.
By submitting this form, you agree to allow Art Works to display, on our website, the artwork that you submit. And you agree to allow us to use your artwork for promotional purposes for the exhibit, on social media, and other platforms as needed.
For detailed requirements for submitting artwork, please refer to Requirements. All of your questions will be answered.
About the Juror:
Molina-Garcia is the juror for the exhibit. Here is a link to Molina-Garcia’s website: click here.
• Call for Entries 11/20/2023 – 1/15/2024
• Deadline for submissions in 1/15/2024 at noon.
• Drop off artwork at gallery -1/19, 1/20, 1/21
• Exhibit Opens – 1/26/2024 6 pm – 8 pm
• Exhibit Ends – 2/15/2024
You may submit up to 3 entries the show. Since we are on a tight schedule to review the submissions and notify everyone, we are unable to accept entries after the deadline. We cannot accept artwork dropped off at the gallery for review.
Entry fees are $15 per entry. (Gallery Members and Art Works Studio Artists are $9 per entry.) Note that memberships expire in August 2023. If you have not already renewed your membership for 2023-2024, you may join online. To renew or join the gallery click here.
About Shipping Artwork:
If you cannot deliver your artwork to the gallery then please do not ship the art. We do not accept shipped artwork.
Entry Fees and Commissions:
- The fee for each entry is $9 for Art Works Gallery members and Art Works studio artists, $15 for non-members.
- September marks the month when gallery memberships renew. If you were a member in 2022-2023 then you will need to renew your membership. Here is a link to renew: Join Gallery
- If you would like to join the gallery, the cost is $36. Then your entries are $9 each. Learn more about being a gallery member.
- We will take a 35% commission on any sales of artwork that is on display in the gallery.
- Artwork must be framed if on paper. We strongly recommend simple black frames. Photography must be framed unless printed on metal or foam-core however we need a means to hang the piece on the wall, so please make sure there is an adequate mechanism in place.
- Artwork must be wired to hang. Wires must not show above the artwork when hung.
- Submit 2 images for review, one of the artwork, and one in the frame (if framed). Please submit a good quality image of the artwork. Size limitation is 1 MB. If you need to compress your image there are many free tools on the internet to make images smaller. Tinypng – https://tinypng.com/ is one.
- If your artwork framing includes a mat, the mat must be clean. White mats are preferred.
- The back of the artwork must be neat. Do not use masking tape or duct tape on the back of the frame.
- We will post a list of all accepted entries on our website (see dates listed above). We also send an email to you. Check your SPAM if you don’t see it.
- Any accepted entries can be delivered to the gallery (see dates above). If you can not deliver the artwork on the dates required, please do not submit your artwork.
- Artwork that is accepted and delivered to the gallery will hang in the gallery until the end of the exhibit. See the date above. Any unsold artwork must be picked up by the artist (see dates above).
Out of Town Accepted Entries
- If you do not live in the Richmond area and are unable to deliver your artwork to the gallery, your work will be displayed on the website but will not be for sale as we will not be in possession of the artwork.
The Reception and Promotions
- We will host a reception on January 26, 2024 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- We will advertise the exhibit through social media to drive traffic to our website and the exhibit page.
A few final things
- Artists can expect a check for any items we sell on the 15th of the month after the date of the sale. (e.g. For an item sold in January, we will prepare a check for you on February 15th.)
- Artwork left in the gallery for 90 days, will be donated to a nonprofit organization for their fundraisers.
- Art Works, Inc. takes every precaution to protect and secure the items submitted. Art Works, Inc. does not insure the items against loss, damage, or theft. By submitting your artwork and having it on display in the gallery, you agree to hold Art Works, Inc. harmless and to indemnify Art Works, Inc. against all claims resulting from losses.
More questions? Click here for more information. Thank you for sharing your artwork and participating in this Call for Entries. If you have any questions, please call or email us. Contact Us: Click Here
When dropping off or picking up your artwork, you can park in the loading-zone in front of Art Works building at Hull and 4th Street. Put your emergency flashers on and please quickly unload your artwork, so that other artists may use the loading area.