The submission period has ended. Scroll down for a list of all accepted entries!
Submit your artwork in our juried All Media Shows. You submit your entries using our online form. Any medium is fine and, any topic and style.
About the exhibit:
- Any artists from anywhere may enter this art exhibit.
- Each artist may enter up to 3 pieces of their original artwork and upload images of the artwork.
- Sorry, no prints of original artwork are accepted.
- There is no theme.
- All mediums are permitted including but not limited to: photography, sculpture, mixed media, painting, drawing, ceramics, digital art, jewelry.
- This exhibit will be juried by Art Works and the criteria for including artwork in the exhibit will be:
- Is the artwork technically well done?
- Does the artwork invoke viewer participation or emotion?
Entry Fees and Commissions:
- The fee for each entry is $7 for Art Works Gallery members, $10 for non-members.
- If you would like to join the gallery, the cost is $36. Then your entries are $7 each. Learn more about being a gallery member.
- There will be cash prizes.
- We will take a 35% commission on any sales of artwork that is on display in the gallery.
- Artwork must be framed with the exception of art on canvas. We recommend simple black frames.
- For art on canvas, edges must be wrapped and finished (no staples showing).
- Artwork must be wired to hang. Of course, this does not apply to sculpture, jewelry, and pottery.
- Images submitted for review must include the frame in the picture and also a good quality image of the artwork.
- If your artwork framing includes a mat, the mat must be clean.
- The back of the artwork must be neat. Do not use masking tape or duct tape on the back of the frame.
- We will post a list of all accepted entries on our website (see dates below)
- Any accepted entries can be delivered to the gallery (see dates below). Due to the Coronavirus, we are managing the number of people in the gallery at any given time and ask that you select a date and time that you will deliver your artwork. We will provide you with a link to a site to make your selection.
- Artwork that is accepted and delivered to the gallery will hang in the gallery until October 16, 2020. Any unsold artwork must be picked up by the artist (see dates below).
Out of Town Accepted Entries
- If your artwork is accepted and you do not live in the Richmond area and are unable to deliver your artwork to the gallery, we will display your art on our website: ArtWorksRVA.com.
- Because your artwork is not physically in the gallery, we cannot sell it for you. However, we will provide you with any potential buyer’s information. Then you can contact the potential buyer. We take no commissions for art sold under these circumstances.
The Reception, Videos, and Promotions
- We will host a reception on September 25 , 2020, from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Due to the Coronavirus and restrictions on gatherings, attendance will be limited. Guests must preregister. We will provide a method to register on our website.
- We will produce a short video of the award-winning entries.
- We will advertise the exhibit through social media to drive traffic to our website and the exhibit page.
- September 16, 2020, midnight – Submission deadline
- September 17, 2020 – We will notify you of all accepted entries by posting a list on our website.
- September 18, 19, 20 – Drop-off your accepted artwork at the gallery
- September 25, 2020, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Opening reception at Art Works Gallery
- October 16, 2020. Show ends
- September 16 and 17, 2020. Pick up any unsold artwork.
A few final things
- Artists can expect a check for any items we sell on the 15th of the month after the date of the sale. (e.g. For an item sold on September 30th, we will send you a check on October 15th.)
- The artist by submitting their artwork gives permission to us to display the artwork on our website, Facebook, and other social media and will allow the use of your artwork for promotional purposes for the exhibit.
- Artwork left in the gallery for 90 days, will be donated to a nonprofit organization for their fundraisers.
- Art Works, Inc. takes every precaution to protect and secure the items submitted. Art Works, Inc. does not insure the items against loss, damage, or theft. By submitting your artwork and having it on display in the gallery, you agree to hold Art Works, Inc. harmless and to indemnify Art Works, Inc. against all claims resulting from losses.
More questions? Click here for more information.
When dropping off or picking up your artwork, you can park in the loading-zone in front of Art Works building at Hull and 4th Street. Put your emergency flashers on and please quickly unload your artwork, so that other artists may use the loading area.
Other parking is located at Stockton Street (see map below). Look for Art Works Reserved signs in the lot. GPS Address is 500 Stockton Street, Richmond, VA 23224.
Reserved spaces for Art Works – Stockton Street lot between 5th and 6th
Here is a list of all accepted entries:September 2020 All Media Show Catalog