March 27 -April 18, 2020
Suspended, curated by Lisa Battle, focuses on an art form that is traditionally underrepresented in the ceramics world: sculptural works that are mounted on a wall, giving a lightness and sense of drama to the otherwise heavy material.
In the collection:
- Laurel Lukasewski’s wall sculptures are Zen-like, minimalist, and make use of light and shadow as part of the composition.
- Lisa Battle’s modular works focus on form and line with a rich surface imparted by the wood firing process.
- Jodi Walsh creates mixed media pieces by mounting folded or thrown ceramic forms on stainless steel thread.
- Amy Dov weaves wall hangings with a rustic sensibility by integrating organic ceramic forms with linen twine.
- Judit Varga creates modular wall installations comprised of curvilinear forms using the power of color and rich surfaces.
This exhibit will be in the Centre Gallery.