The juried shows are a focal point of all Art Works’ openings. This month, the theme is CLAY PLAY and the medium is clay. Submit any art made from clay. It can be a sculpture, a vessel, a cup, functional or not functional. The clay may be polymer, ceramic clay and paper-clay. The show is juried and there are cash prices for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The show is open to all artists. This exhibit will be in the Centre Gallery at Art Works. Call for entries is May 1 2021 – June 15, 2021(noon).
Submit your entries through our online form.
Artists will be notified by June 17th of accepted or declined entries. You may submit up to 3 entries. The deadline for submissions is June 15, 2021 at noon. Since we are on a tight schedule to review the submissions and notify everyone, we are unable to accept entries after the deadline. We cannot accept artwork dropped off at the gallery for review.
About the exhibit:
- Any artists from anywhere may enter this art exhibit.
- Each artist may enter up to 3 pieces of their artwork and upload images for us to review.
- The theme is clay.
- This exhibit will be juried by an art professional.
Entry Fees and Commissions:
- The fee for each entry is $7 for Art Works Gallery members and Art Works studio artist, $10 for non-members.
- If you would like to join the gallery, the cost is $36. Then your entries are $7 each. Learn more about being a gallery member.
- There will be cash prizes.
- We will take a 35% commission on any sales of artwork that is on display in the gallery.
- Wall artwork must be wired to hang. Wires must not show above the artwork when hung.
- Submit at lease 2 images for review so that we can see your three dimensional work from more than one side. Please submit a good quality image of the artwork. Size limitation is 1 MB.
- We will post a list of all accepted entries on our website (see dates below)
- Any accepted entries can be delivered to the gallery (see dates below). Due to the Coronavirus, we are managing the number of people in the gallery at any given time and ask that you select a date and time that you will deliver your artwork. We will provide you with a link to a site to select a day/time slot.
- Artwork that is accepted and delivered to the gallery will hang in the gallery until the end of the exhibit. See the date below. Any unsold artwork must be picked up by the artist (see dates below).
Out of Town Accepted Entries
- If you do not live in the Richmond area and are unable to deliver your artwork to the gallery, your work will be displayed on the website but will not be for sale as we will not be in possession of the artwork.
The Reception, Videos, and Promotions
- We will host a reception on June 25, 2021, from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Due to the Corona-virus and restrictions on gatherings, attendance will be limited. Guests must preregister. We will provide a method to register on the home page of our website.
- We will produce a short video of the award-winning entries.
- We will advertise the exhibit through social media to drive traffic to our website and the exhibit page.
- June 15, 2021 noon – Submission deadline. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your artwork. The form will not be available at 12:01 p.m. on 6/15/2021.
- June 17, 2021 – We will notify you of all accepted entries by posting a list on our website and we will send you an email with the link.
- June 18, 19, 20 – Drop-off your accepted artwork at the gallery
- June 25, 2021, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Opening reception at Art Works Gallery
- July 17, 2021 – Show ends
- July 17, 18, 2021 – Pick up any unsold artwork.
A few final things
- Artists can expect a check for any items we sell on the 15th of the month after the date of the sale. (e.g. For an item sold on July 1st we will send you a check on August 15, 2021.)
- The artist by submitting their artwork gives permission to us to display the artwork on our website, Facebook, and other social media and will allow the use of your artwork for promotional purposes for the exhibit.
- Artwork left in the gallery for 90 days, will be donated to a nonprofit organization for their fundraisers.
- Art Works, Inc. takes every precaution to protect and secure the items submitted. Art Works, Inc. does not insure the items against loss, damage, or theft. By submitting your artwork and having it on display in the gallery, you agree to hold Art Works, Inc. harmless and to indemnify Art Works, Inc. against all claims resulting from losses.
More questions? Click here for more information.
When dropping off or picking up your artwork, you can park in the loading-zone in front of Art Works building at Hull and 4th Street. Put your emergency flashers on and please quickly unload your artwork, so that other artists may use the loading area.