The Recycle All Media Show is an annual commentary on awareness of waste and the disregard of the human impact on the planet. Artists make use of materials found and recovered from various states and locations. They recycle, upcycle and repurpose these objects for this exhibit with hope that viewers take notice of our excessiveness as humans and move forward with change.
This is a juried show with cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The show is open to all artists and all mediums. Any medium is acceptable as long as recycled attributes are included. This exhibit will be in the Skylight Gallery.
Call for entries is February 15th – March 11th, 2024. Submit your entries through our online form, see button below.
About the exhibits:
You may submit up to 3 entries for each exhibit. Please see the deadline for submissions below. Since we are on a tight schedule to review the submissions and notify everyone, we are unable to accept entries after the deadline. We cannot accept artwork dropped off at the gallery for review.
By submitting this form, you agree to allow Art Works to display, on our website, the artwork that you submit. And you agree to allow us to use your artwork for promotional purposes for the exhibit, on social media, and other platforms as needed.
For detailed requirements for submitting artwork, please refer to Requirements. All of your questions will be answered.
About the Juror:
Unicia Buster, a native of Richmond, Va., received a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Cornell University and a Master of Arts degree from George Mason University. She won the juror’s choice award for the inaugural 48-to-Create at the Visual Arts Center of Richmond and she was a recipient of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Artist Fellowship. She completed an artist-in-residency at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens and at the Visual Arts Center of Richmond. She was the featured poster artist in 2020 and 2021 for the annual Second Street Festival in Richmond. Click here for Unicia Buster’s website.
- Call for Entries 2/15/2024 – 3/11/2024
- Deadline for submissions in 3/11/2024 at noon
- Drop off artwork at gallery 3/15, 3/16, 3/17
- Exhibit Opens -3/22/2024 6 pm – 8 pm
- All Media Exhibit Ends -4/19/2024
Entry fees are $15 per entry. (Gallery Members and Art Works Studio Artists are $9 per entry.) Note that memberships expire in August 2023. If you have not already renewed your membership for 2023-2024, you may join online. To renew or join the gallery click here.
About Shipping Artwork:
If you cannot deliver your artwork to the gallery then please do not ship the art. We do not accept shipped artwork.
Entry Fees and Commissions:
- The fee for each entry is $9 for Art Works Gallery members and Art Works studio artists, $15 for non-members.
- September marks the month when gallery memberships renew. If you were a member in 2022-2023 then you will need to renew your membership. Here is a link to renew: Join Gallery
- If you would like to join the gallery, the cost is $36. Then your entries are $9 each. Learn more about being a gallery member.
- We will take a 35% commission on any sales of artwork that is on display in the gallery.
Presentation Requirements for Photography and All Media:
- Artwork must be framed if on paper. We strongly recommend simple black frames. Photography must be framed unless printed on metal or foam-core however we need a means to hang the piece on the wall, so please make sure there is an adequate mechanism in place.
- Artwork must be wired to hang. Wires must not show above the artwork when hung. We do not hang art from the canvas frame, you will need to have eye-hooks and wires.
- Submit 2 images for review, one of the artwork, and one in the frame (if framed). Please submit a good quality image of the artwork. Size limitation is 1 MB. If you need to compress your image there are many free tools on the internet to make images smaller. Tinypng – https://tinypng.com/ is one.
- If your artwork framing includes a mat, the mat must be clean. White mats are preferred.
- The back of the artwork must be neat. Do not use masking tape or duct tape on the back of the frame.
- We will post a list of all accepted entries on our website (see dates listed above). We also send an email to you. Check your SPAM if you don’t see it.
- Any accepted entries can be delivered to the gallery (see dates above). If you can not deliver the artwork on the dates required, please do not submit your artwork.
- Artwork that is accepted and delivered to the gallery will hang in the gallery until the end of the exhibit. See the date above. Any unsold artwork must be picked up by the artist (see dates above).
The Reception and Promotions
- We will host a reception on March 22, 2024 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- We will advertise the exhibit through social media to drive traffic to our website and the exhibit page.
A few final things:
- Artists can expect a check for any items we sell on the 15th of the month after the date of the sale. (e.g. For an item sold in February, we will prepare a check for you on March 15th.)
- Artwork left in the gallery for 90 days, will be donated to a nonprofit organization for their fundraisers.
- Art Works, Inc. takes every precaution to protect and secure the items submitted. Art Works, Inc. does not insure the items against loss, damage, or theft. By submitting your artwork and having it on display in the gallery, you agree to hold Art Works, Inc. harmless and to indemnify Art Works, Inc. against all claims resulting from losses.
More questions? Click here for more information. Thank you for sharing your artwork and participating in this Call for Entries. If you have any questions, please call or email us. Contact Us: Click Here
When dropping off or picking up your artwork, you can park in the loading-zone in front of Art Works building at Hull and 4th Street. Put your emergency flashers on and please quickly unload your artwork, so that other artists may use the loading area.